"Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique."
My blogger blog is rather drab...but I found an Amazing template at Word Press...made for handheld devices....which I will share once I reconfirm the name:
- For now..., my blogging style is kept very simple
- I am growing my audience as the primary aim
- I am getting to know everyone
- I am building loyalty...
- So as I do...
Quick Style Is What I Use At Blogger:
- I use a university-style format of writing...because I am constantly reading high end textbooks
- ...and it is ...I hope...better to read than most
- BUT..., people are telling me "go lighter".
THE TEXT here... IS HEAVY ON MY BLOGGER ACCOUNT (ADMITTEDLY)..and they don't give you much room inside of posts...or between posts. It is one obvious limitation.
There are separating pages one can use inside of Blogger.
Visual print has to be easy to read.
- Ad copy reads at an 8th grade level
- Verbage in Internet marketing is far more extensive...but going visual with videos is the way to go
- Icons are the appearing more and more!
- Organization is everything.
- BLOGGER -- is by far the least expensive (FREE) and easy to use
- Drupal is a nightmare
- Word Press - is -- once you have a favorite Word press template you select, you can emulate a favorite Word Press online, but you will have challenges still getting your right format in place
- Blogger has limitations
- It is not easy to use for handheld device fans
- I'm rectifying that challenge by pulling in Word Press..but even then these low cost formats aren't so hot.
- I have MUCH BETTER software for website designs
- It's made for Internet marketers...and it's elegant
- I am still working through that software (so as to report how workable it is...but many who work with it all the time swear by it.) I won't mention the name just yet. I will give you an affiliate link within the next few days, however so please stay tuned! This particular software will make website design and publishing great for you, if you are a strong writer.
You start with blank pages (CSS), write your ad copy, and then publish right over to your domain through FTP You own all files. Site map submission isn't a big deal. You can build your free reports, add pay buttons, and more!
Regarding Drupal --
- The security updates take forever to comb through and apply
- Because it is open source, it's not very user-friendly
- However, if you are having success with it and you like it, stick with it -- it is a personal choice
- It does many things...working mainly as a large interactive adjunct to a major content website
- It has several advantages and I could tell you specifically what Drupal can do, but I found it to be very troublesome and technologically frustrating.
Barbara Brinkmeyer, MBA